Sporting Chapters: Ricky Hatton discusses his book War and Peace
Last Updated: 07/11/13 3:19pm
British favourite and two-weight world champion Ricky Hatton MBE has detailed his storied boxing career in his new book War and Peace.
The Mancunian - who locked horns with the likes of Kosta Tszyu, Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao and Paulie Malignaggi - told skysports.com's Sporting Chapters strand about his autobiography which features plenty of hard-hitting anecdotes.
Hatton - who previously held the WBA, IBF, WBO, and Ring light-welterweight titles, as well as the WBA welterweight championship - pulls no punches in his assessment of his life, both inside and beyond the ropes.
Among other topics, the Hitman reveals:
- His pride in being the people's fighter and how he valued that moniker more than any world title
- How every time he was defeated he slipped into depression after feeling he had let his fans down
- His strained relationship with his father and why there is no hope of a reconciliation
- His fall-out with trainer Billy Graham - and how they are trying to mend their friendship
- How he is now an isolated figure and relies on girlfriend Jennifer to help him during the dark times
To hear Ricky discuss those issues, hit the video at the top of the screen.