Liverpool heavyweight David Price has announced he will fight for the first time since consecutive defeats to Tony Thompson when he takes on Evgeny Orlov in Germany next month.
Price, who signed a deal with Sauerland Promotions last week, will face the Russian on December 14 in Neubrandenburg on the undercard of a WBA light-heavyweight title fight between Juergen Braehmer and Marcus Oliveira.
Price said last week that the lure of regular fights abroad was a major factor in his desire to sign with Sauerland and after the confirmation of his next bout he revealed he cannot wait to get back into the ring.
"I am excited to be starting this new chapter in my career," Price said. "My training has been going really well. We have made some changes in the gym and come fight night people will see this in my performance.
"My opponent is a tough guy so I am not taking anything for granted but I have seen him in training and in fights so I know what I have to do to beat him. I can't wait to get back in the ring and get the ball rolling."
Price, the current British and Commonwealth heavyweight champion, originally looked set for a bout with Dereck Chisora after Frank Warren won the purse bid for a fight between the two promising British heavyweights.
But the Liverpool boxer has repeatedly stated that he would like a few warm-up fights before any potential contest with the Finchley fighter.
It remains to be seen whether Price will opt for a bout against the 29-year-old, who defends his European title against Ondrej Pala this weekend, or vacate his titles.