Anthony Joshua says he is prepared to go the full six rounds against Paul Butlin
Anthony Joshua says he will be prepared to go the distance when he faces Paul Butlin in his second professional fight.
Last Updated: 24/10/13 6:42pm
Olympic gold medallist Joshua knocked out previously unbeaten Italian Emanuele Leo inside a round on his debut and many are expecting his next bout to end in a similar way.
Butlin has lost 13 of his past 15 fights and goes into the contest at the Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield as a huge outsider against exciting heavyweight prospect Joshua.
But the 24-year-old is not expecting an early knockout and has been training with the full six rounds in mind.
"We only got to the starter (against Leo), dealing with Paul Butlin will be the main," Joshua told Sky Sports News.
"It's going to be tough, he's a tough guy who does MMA and boxing, he's used to getting hit and is used to hitting back. It's going to be a good boxing show for myself."
He added: "You can never tell whether one shot is going to knock someone out, you don't go in there planning for that.
"If it does it does, but when you get to the level where people can take your shots, that is when you're going to get tested."
Joshua is also looking forward to fighting in front of a Sheffield crowd, the Team GB star having trained in the city during his amateur days.
Joshua said: "I'm always here, it's like second nature to me. (This fight) has given the people of Sheffield a chance to see me actually compete, because I never competed here, I was training.
"It will be good to showcase some of my skills that I learned while I've been training here."
Joshua v Butlin is on the undercard of Brook v Senchenko, which can be seen live on Sky Sports 1 HD from 8pm on Saturday.