Martin Murray says visa issues must be cleared up before his next fight
Last Updated: 05/07/13 1:07pm
Martin Murray: Happy to fight Golovkin but denies an approach
Martin Murray admits he has received a lot of offers since his loss to Sergio Martinez, but a fight with Gennady Golovkin is not one of them.
The St Helens middleweight contender had been reported to have received an approach by Golovkin's team to fight on November 2, however that has been denied.
Murray still has visa issues relating to transgressions as a teenager and has already lost out on one big fight with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr because of it.
But the 30-year-old is hoping to get the red tape sorted so that he can take up the offer of a big fight Stateside.
"Hopefully things will be sorted out soon because I've had some great, great offers since the Martinez fight," he told Livefight. "And I've not been able to take them.
"I've not been told of an offer (from Golovkin). A date of November 2 is the first I've heard. I've not been told anything. If they said they want to fight me then that's fair enough but I've still got visa issues to sort out.
"Golovkin does look like the real deal. He's not been tested yet but that's not his fault because he can only beat what's been put in front of me.
"The guys he's faced so far weren't going to test him but he's dealt with them impressively."