Kell Brook says he is planning to use his re-match against Carson Jones to send out a message to his fellow welterweights.
Brook has endured a difficult time of late, having been forced to pull out of planned fights against IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander due to ankle and foot injuries.
The bout was postponed three times in total and Alexander, who pulled out of the second date himself with a bicep problem, ended up fighting Lee Purdy last month and securing a comfortable victory.
Brook said: "It has been very frustrating.
"I have never really had an injury in my whole career and then, just before the biggest fight of my life, it happens to come along.
"It was horrible and I was absolutely gutted about it.
"Without a doubt, it was the hardest thing I have had to go through in my boxing career.
"I couldn't watch Alexander v Lee Purdy, I couldn't do it. Knowing that I should have been in there that night, I couldn't sit down and watch it."
Brook and the American Jones will now lock horns once again on the undercard of Olympic gold medallist Luke Campbell's professional debut next month in Hull.
The pair also met in July last year, Brook retaining his unbeaten record by a majority points decision after a dramatic fight, during which he suffered a broken nose.
The 27-year-old said: "I am on to the next chapter in my boxing career now and I am looking forward to having fun on July 13.
"Big things will come from me. I am going to make a statement in this fight and I am going to carry on from there.
"I could have had an easier opponent but the last fight was an exciting, mouth-watering fight, and I think the fans deserve this.
"It is going to be a tough fight and I am training hard for it. I am going to go out there and have fun and take care of business."
What will the outcome of the Mayweather v Alvarez fight be?