David Haye: Tyson Fury fight possible but no deal done
Last Updated: 02/09/13 4:02pm
David Haye: No deal yet with Tyson Fury
David Haye has confirmed that he would be happy to fight British heavyweight rival Tyson Fury - but insists no deal has been done.
Haye had been due to fight Manuel Charr on June 29 but was forced to withdraw because of a hand injury.
And on Monday he took to Twitter to confirm that Fury is a possible alternative.
"For everyone asking if I'm fighting Fury. I currently have no agreement, or contract in place. But a fight later in the year would be fun," he wrote.
Fury, who had asked Haye's trainer and manager, Adam Booth, on television on Saturday about making the fight, recently pulled out of a fight with unbeaten Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev, which was set to earn the winner a shot at current IBF champion Wladimir Klitschko.
Fury, who was attending James DeGale's win over Stjepan Bozic, said: "I was minding my own business and I bumped into Adam Booth, so we got him on camera and we asked him, 'Why is the fight not being done?'
"He said, 'Do you want the fight?' and I said, 'Two million per cent'. He said, 'I can't see why it cannot be done.' So there it is from the horse's mouth. Adam Booth says he wants the fight."
The Charr bout was set to be Haye's first since last July when he came out of retirement to beat Dereck Chisora.