WBC super-middleweight champion Carl Froch looks to have finally succeeded in securing a showdown with Jermain 'Bad Intentions' Taylor.
Froch was scheduled to meet former middleweight king Taylor for the vacant title in 2008, only for the American to pull out.
With Taylor opting to face Jeff Lacy instead, 'The Cobra' went on to beat Jean Pascal for the belt vacated by Joe Calzaghe.
Froch, though, has remained determined to face Taylor in the ring - and after several failed bids to convince him to fight, reports from America claim that a deal has now been struck.
Froch's promoter Mick Hennessy had launched a final attempt to resurrect a deal this week - and his efforts appear to have paid off, with the showdown being pencilled in for April 18 or April 25 to take place in America.
Taylor, who beat Bernard Hopkins twice before going on to suffer two defeats to Kelly Pavlik, had been initially set to fight Allan Green in March, but that bout has now been postponed.
Taylor's trainer Ozell Nelson told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette: "It's for the belt.
"Jermain can get his belt back, and it will keep him hungry. He had the belt, and he lost it. He's hungry again. Jermain wants to be champion. He said any way possible, make it happen."