Ricky Burns WBO title defence postponed again

Last Updated: 09/01/13 8:04am

  • Share:
Ricky Burns: Afforded a longer rest

Ricky Burns: Afforded a longer rest

Sky Bet

Ricky Burns' defence of his WBO lightweight title scheduled for this month has been postponed again.

The Scot was due to make the third defence of his title in Glasgow on January 26 against an unnamed opponent after Liam Walsh and then Jose Ocampo withdrew from the original December date.

Norfolk fighter Walsh was forced out after injuring his back in a car crash while replacement Jose Ocampo pulled out two days before the fight due to the death of his trainer.

Following last month's disappointment Burns decided to take a longer rest before returning to the ring.

"He's just having a wee rest before his next fight, which should be at the end of February or beginning of March," manager Alex Morrison told the BBC.

"We hope it will be in Glasgow so that Ricky's fans can see him in action."

"We want to make sure that we get the right opponent for Ricky.

"He was very disappointed after his planned title defence last month was cancelled."

  • Share:

Related

Most Popular

Features

Andy's FL72 Review

Andy's FL72 Review

From the changes at Cardiff and Fulham to Derby's fine start, Andy Hinchcliffe has his say.

On The Supplement...

On The Supplement...

Alyson Rudd, Matt Law and Neil Custis join Neil Ashton to debate the big football talking points.

Merson's predictions

Merson's predictions

Paul Merson predicts the weekend scores and says Chelsea will only avoid defeat if Diego Costa plays.